Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: 102 Puzzle Quizzes

Image from Amazon.com
What it is: An interactive puzzle book you can use on your Kindle or any device using the Kindle app
Where is it available: Amazon.com
Where did I get my copy: The Grabarchuk Family, the creators of this puzzle book

My Review:  I've always been a puzzle lover. When I was younger I remember spending any money I got from my parents on jigsaw puzzles and puzzle books. And I brought them everywhere I went, from school to family trips. 

It's been a while since I had a whole book of puzzles to play with, I'm glad I had the opportunity to check this one out.

102 Puzzle Quizzes is a fun, interactive puzzle book accessible via Kindle. It's full of a wide range of puzzles that will continue to challenge you as you move from one to another. But none are so difficult that you would be frustrated and give up. 

This collection of puzzle quizzes challenge spacial reasoning, math skills, and analytical skills. 

I downloaded this on my Kindle (the keyboard kind, not touch screen) and I found that the navigation worked smoothly. I didn't have any trouble going from one puzzle to another, whether from the table of contents, or just switching the pages back and forth.

I also played these puzzles on my Ipad using the Kindle app. Admittedly, it was a better experience than when I used it on my Kindle. This is not a point against the puzzle itself. The Ipad just offered a different experience; it's colored, and it's touch screen. The best part was that I could zoom in on the puzzle, examine it closer, then zoom out and choose my answer. It's just really easy to use this puzzle book.

I love that I could take my puzzles with me anywhere. I could play while waiting for the train or at the doctor's office. I could exercise my brain anytime, anywhere.

Overall, 102 Puzzle Quizzes is fun and challenging. It's clever and well done. You know that the creators really put a lot of work into this product. The explanations for the solutions are well written and very easy to understand. And I love that I could always go back and try again if I get the answer wrong.

This is wonderfully entertaining and I could spend hours on these puzzles. In fact, I think I have done that.

This is my first puzzle book from the family but it certainly won't be my last. I will definitely check out their other products.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 

Thank you to The Grabarchuk Family for giving me the opportunity to try this product. =)

Puzzle lovers, have you checked out 102 Puzzle Quizzes on Amazon.com? 

If so, what did you think of it? 
If not, will you check it out? 

Go ahead, check it out here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...