Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: Bossypants by Tina Fey

Image obtained through Google images
Synopsis: Bossypants is the autobiography of comedian Tina Fey. This book is full of stories from Fey’s childhood, SNL, and 30 Rock. She also shares some stories about her marriage; a disastrous honeymoon cruise, and even motherhood. There’s some pages dedicated to Tina’s responses to some online comments written about her. 

Review: If you’re looking for something inspirational, dramatic, perhaps a rags to riches story, then you should look elsewhere.

But if you’re looking for a funny and entertaining nonfiction, and you just happen to be a fan of Tina Fey, then you should check this out!
I’ve read reviews where people think Tina Fey is just bragging about her wonderful life. I don’t agree. I think she is simply sharing her life stories. And it’s all done in a fun, entertaining, and even heartfelt way.

I like Tina Fey. I like this book. I even found myself laughing out loud and recounting some bits to other people. I think it’s kind of written like she’s talking to some new friend. Nothing about the stories she tells or the writing is pretentious. It’s all just meant to be fun, and you either like her enough to keep reading, or you don’t.

Rating 3.5 out of 5 

Have you read Bossypants
Are you a fan of Tina Fey? 
Share your thought on the comment section!  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...